Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thank You

Its been a crazy 24 hours with Worn Trails.  I've been trying to get the word out to get some notification.  I went on Twitter and sent out a few tweets to some environmental organizations like Surfrider and Surfaid, Surf companies like Surfline and Quiksilver, and obviously to surfers like Kelly, Taj, Mick, Julian..pretty much half of the tour.  I wasn't expecting anything to be honest.  My phone buzzed a second after i tweeted Kelly about a tweet he had made and I thought it was directed at me (which it wasn't). What he said blew me away, he had told everyone he knew about Worn Trails, talk about stoked, I nearly fell over.  Here is a hero of mine, someone I look up to saying they told people about my blog.  You should've seen me, my girlfriend Keighley was making fun of me for how I reacted and the grin I had going ear-to-ear; if it weren't for the crowd of people waiting to go Black Friday shopping I would've screamed something ridiculous.  Are you kidding?! Im still speechless.  Besides the fact that I actually got a tweet from Kelly Slater, which many cant say they've had done to them, he did what he did.  Crazy.  When I woke up, I had another tweet and this time it was from Surfline! they had re-tweeted my link to the blog after I sent it to them.  My views went from 10 before I got help from Kelly and Surfrider to more than 100 in a matter of hours.  It's been unbelievable.  To be honest, I made this blog to put on my resume, but with stuff like this, it makes me realize that I truly enjoy doing this and want to keep doing this.  So thank you Kelly Slater, thank you Surfline, and thank you to everybody else who has spread the word about Worn Trails! Keep it going and lets get Worn Trails recognized!

No comments:

Post a Comment