Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day Everybody

Well I this was my first thanksgiving in two years (unless you want to call ordering Papa Johns last year at the Univ of Hawaii).  I saw a decent sized swell coming in for today earlier in the week that looked like it was going to be fun, 3-4ft offshore.  I decided I was going to head to Asbury Park (where we were having our dinner today) early to get a surf in before dinner.  Woke up around 5 and checked the report again, 1-2ft.... Fuck it, I went up anyway.  Got there at 8am and saw 3ft, clean, offshore minibarrels and not a cloud in the sky! I was frothing, couldnt get the wetsuit on quick enough. Surfed for 4 hours and had one of my best sessions yet, me and 3 other guys out, wave after wave.  Unfortunately, it completely died out around noon.  Didnt get any pictures surfing but I snapped a few when I got out of the water.  Asbury Park is such a rad little town, I cant wait to get up there again to surf. 



No comments:

Post a Comment