Friday, February 17, 2012

Some thoughts heading into the Weekend!

It's finally Friday, couldn't have come soon enough.  I'm looking forward to a good weekend.  Lots is going on here in Maryland; Surfrider DC is currently pushing for a bag fee to be initiated here in Prince George's County, MD (where the University of Maryland - College Park is located).  It was put into effect last year in Washington DC and has seen staggering results.  In just 2 years, there was about an 85% decrease in plastic bags being used and a total of 3.5 million dollars were raised that will turn around and be used to clean the environment.  That money came from the 5 cent charge for each bag used.  It will be a huge accomplishment if it is brought to Prince George's county; hopefully it will be adopted throughout the entire state of Maryland.  So I will be doing my part and helping out Surfrider here with that project.

On Sunday, I will be playing in the University of Maryland Men's Ice Hockey charity game vs the USA Wounded Warriors, a team of US veterans who have both mental and physical injuries.  They travel the country to help raise money for a number of charities.  The charity we are specifically raising money for is an organization called Vet Dog's.  This group helps Soldier Dog's recover from injuries and they eventually find a home with a wounded veteran returning from war.  I am looking forward to this and doing whatever I can to help those who fight for our country.  If you would like to help out and donate money for this cause, contact me through this blog and I will get your information and we can work out the arrangements.

Aside from all of this great stuff, I figured I'd start the weekend off right with some videos I have rounded up for all of us to watch.  I hope you enjoy!

Also, I am going to start something new, I want to hear what YOU all have to say about this blog and if there are any specific topics related to surfing, the environment, traveling or culture, that you would like me to talk about more.  This blog is still young but I want to have material on here that interests all of you as well!  To suggest topics or whatever you would like, click the box on the top left corner to connect you to the facebook page, click "Like" and then write on the Facebook Wall whatever is on your mind!  I want to get YOU ALL (the readers) more involved with this blog, the facebook page and the upcoming breakthroughs that I am very excited about.

Thanks for the continued support!  Go on and adventure this weekend, go to a new surf break, take a hike - whatever it may be, have fun!  Send in some pics or videos if you want and we can put them up on the blog!

Have a great weekend everybody,

Vince



Now for the Videos!




Although this was a few weeks ago, here is the Final Heat of the Volcom Pipe Pro.  In my opinion one of the most exciting heats I've ever seen




1 comment: