Sunday, February 26, 2012

Some new videos and thoughts and Surf talk for the 2012 season

Came across some new videos for you all to check out.  I dont know about you guys but I haven't been able to turn away from the Quiky Pro at Snapper - some insane surfing to open up the season.  I encourage you all to join the Fantasy Surfer league - it's loads of fun; so far, my team is looking solid for this contest.

I am liking the new rookie on tour, Kolohe Andino, and his surfing so far.  It's tough to draw Kelly in your first heat as a rookie, if it were me I would have probably just sat in the water and hoped for the best in round two, but Kolohe put together a solid first two scores to open up his WCT career.  I called it last year, this kid has a very bright future.  I am not sure who I will pick to win the World Title but there are plenty of names going through my mind.  While Kolohe has proven himself over the past few years in primes and pro-jr's, I don't know if this is his year, although I won't count him out to pull off some serious upsets and possibly get a win or two under his belt this year.  As always, Kelly is a top nominee; I don't see him leaving the tour this year like some were saying last year.  Mick and Taj are looking to be in fine form in the off-season and so far this contest, Taj especially.  Julian Wilson is another contender in my mind.  He really showed himself towards the end of last season making it to a final in France, a few semi's and quarter finishes and showed his progressive surfing in each heat.  I have a feeling that there might be a Kolohe and Julian rivalry brewing this season - two young guns who rip and have a similar style of surfing.  Needless to say, the 2012 season is going to be insane with new locations on Tour and new surfers; I can't wait to watch it unfold.  I will be posting Recap videos from each day at the competitions for those of you who aren't able to catch the webcasts.

Here are Day's 1 and 2 of the Quiksilver Pro at Snapper as well as some other clips to check out!

One last thought, I posted this a while back but I am serious; I would like more feedback from my viewers. Feedback both positive and negative is useful in so many ways.  I like reading your comments whether you are angry and feel differently or agree with me...even if its a simple "awesome" it's great.  If you all could also "like" the Worn Trails Facebook page that would be hugely helpful as well.  Simply go to the main page of Worn Trails and look in the upper left hand corner and you can click the "Like" box and you're done.

That is all for now and be on the look out for breakthroughs in my page, a possible update and new exciting details that I am beyond stoked for.


Day 1 at Snapper

Day 2 at Snapper

Some Laughs

Nike's Kolohe Spot

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. part of me is really hoping john john blows up this year and really takes it to kelly. Nothing against kelly complete east coast love for the guy but hes starting to act a little pompous in his interviews and seeing a young hard working kid like john john win a title would be awesome. could even help kelly in the long run both in surfing and fan support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, Longy. I forgot to mention John John, I'm not sure how after the second part of his season and the Triple Crown Win and Volcom Pipe Pro win. He has some serious momentum coming into this contest and it would be great to see him get a good result to start of the year. I can see what you are saying about Kelly, I hope that someone steps up (like Owen did last year) and takes it to him and creates another rivalry. Trestles, NYC and Teahupoo were three of the most exciting contests last year just because they ended up in the final together each time.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete